To foster and advocate for the fragrance industry in the United States and Canada by promoting and supporting the safety, sustainability and integrity of our products.
This mission is accomplished through work in six strategic areas:
- Product safety
- Industry Inclusiveness
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Member Support
- Promote the integrity and the safe manufacture, handling and responsible use of fragrance materials and compounds.
- Require members to adhere to International Fragrance Association (IFRA) Code of Practice.
- Influence the policy environment affecting the fragrance industry and advance favorable and reasonable legislation in North America and internationally.
- Promote free and fair trade.
- Participate actively in the process of setting international standards.
- Contribute to programs and initiatives of IFRA and its network and to collaborate with regional and national associations.
- Promote and defend the fragrance industry and its products through robust internal and external communications.
- Act as a spokesperson for IFRA North America members on key issues.
- Promote the value of fragrance in everyday life.
- Support regulatory and safety needs of all members, regardless of size and location.
- Recruit and engage new members.
Intellectual Property Protection
- Foster the environment of responsible transparency while assisting IFRA North America members in protecting their proprietary information.
- Provide value for members through services and communications.
- Assist members with regulatory information and compliance.
- Provide education and training for members.
- Disseminate relevant and timely information to members.